Louisiana has changed the way it provides Medicaid benefits to residents. Most Medicaid and all LaCHIP members will become part of BAYOU HEALTH. That means you will have your choice of several different health plans.
LaCare is part of this change. If you have selected us for your health care needs, welcome! We are happy to have you as a member. If you are currently investigating health plan options, we hope you find this site useful.
- LaCare is part of AmeriHealth Caritas, a leader in Medicaid managed care for 30 years.
- LaCare is a health plan that arranges health care services for you and your family. We want to help you and your family members to be healthy.
- We want to make sure you and your family are treated with respect. We also want to make sure your health care services are given in a way that is private and confidential.
Our goal is to reduce the cases of disease and illness that affect communities throughout Louisiana. We do this by making sure quality health care services are easy to reach for you and your family.
On the side navigation bar you will find topics that will link you to everything that you may want to know about LaCare including:
- ID Cards
- Your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Bright Start℠ Program
- Special Health Programs - Care Coordination
- Important Numbers
- Member Rights & Responsibilities
- Gas mileage reimbursement if you provided your own transportation to a non-emergency medical visit for a covered service
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on the website or in the Member Handbook, you can:
- Call 1-888-756-0004 (TTY 1-866-428-7588) to talk to a Member Services Representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For questions about your eligibility, visit the Louisiana Medicaid website or call 888-342-6207.
- To discuss enrollment options, including participation in LaCare, please contact Bayou Health at 1-855-229-6848.